by a contributor
from Roxane Gay, author of Girl/Box:
- How to Get Into the Twin Palms by Karolina Waclawiak—a truly gorgeous novel about a woman who tries to change her identity to get into the Twin Palms, but really, it is a novel about loneliness and it’s amazing.
- Baby Geisha by Trinie Dalton—the stories in this collection are extremely strange, often funny, always interesting.
- Wake Up, We’re Here by Dallas Hudgens—a gritty collection of fiction about people who live rough, complicated lives. Awesome endings in every story.
- The Wife by Meg Wolitzer—a novel about the wife of a famous writer on the eve of his winning a major literary prize. This book is one of the finest commentaries of publishing, writing, women, and men, you will ever read.
- American Short Fiction—every issue of this magazine impresses me. ASF is one of the most consistently excellent magazines around.